Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Papal Visit

Watching the papal visit yesterday on television, reminded me of the time, in the eighties,when I stood on a street in downtown Los Angeles, waving at the Pope John Paul, as he passed by. In a single moment, I felt bathed in faith and goodnes, suddenly joyful.

I am sure those who lined up in Washington, D.C. had a similar experience, beyond the mundane and the ordinary, an encounter with a person who represents all we want to be, good and honest and loving, filled with Divine inspiration.

It has been years since I've been to any church, and decades since I followed the precepts of my Catholic upbringing. But, in one second,yesterday, the entire connection with the community of believers was revived. And that, in our modern world, is a miracle.

No comments: