Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Thanksgiving on my mind.
Next week is Thanksgiving here in the States, my favorite holiday:
1. Nothing to decorate, unless you count what you already have around.
2. Everyone will expect the same food, year after year.
3. Everyone will be happy to eat the same food, and will act surprised at how good everything is, and how come we don't eat turkey more often, they'll say.
4. Nothing to buy or present, except food.
5. We will have enough leftovers to not cook the rest of our lives!
And the most important reason of all: We get the family together, those of us who can, and will remember all the other Thanksgivings in our lives. A Marathon of Memories, Sports, Memories, Sports, Pies with or without ice cream, More Turkey, more Sports....
We'll be somnolent and lazy, thankful for what Providence has generously bestowed upon us.
Happy Thanksgiving wherever you are.