Everything changes when you retire and you move away from all these things.
You establish your own rhythm, your own rituals, your own celebrations.
So, here is a preview of the way Hubby and I will celebrate Easter:
1. We might eat ham, boiled, with vegetables. For dessert, French toast fingers.
2. We might walk to the beach, collect agates, notice how the dunes have changed.
3. We'll call our children, starting on our own phone, then passing one to the other.
4. We could drive up to Coos, sixty miles away, to see the latest flick.
5. Or, something else entirely, like a trip to the doctor, a day in bed with back pains.
A day just like any other!
And we might reminisce, about egg hunts, parties, church visits, family get together where I cooked for hours and hours and everyone spent the entire day talking about their jobs, their purchases, their goals, etc........