Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Try something new

I signed up for an acting course-minicourse, and attended my first session yesterday, all day. The all day part was a bit hard to take. I am no longer able to sit in unconfortable chairs a whole day. Most of the people there had had acting experience. But the teacher was smart and alert to our needs.

What I liked most was how it felt to try something new: both exhilarating and frightening, in a good way. To stay alive is to learn new things, I kept telling myself as I drove over in a vehicle that was not my choice to drive.(that is another story for another day!)

At the end of the day I was exhausted, with a headache, with an enormous hunger (I get hungry after events that are full of unexpected elements).

Today, I feel like a new woman, ready to be challenged again, to find a new path and a new stride, to be observant and careful, to be bold and excited about life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great.

So you feel ready for a new challenge.

What happens when you find one and begin to drive in that 'another story' vehicle to attend it?

My poinst is did you actually learn something, or, was this an experience that made it possible for you to feel 'alive again'?

It think the distinction is important. How about you?

Anonymous said...

good experiment.